Is your dream is to live in a multi-generational, eco-friendly community with a center for healing arts and celebrations in a gorgeous setting? The seeds of this dream are already sprouting at Hickory Nut Forest Eco-Community, and we are eager to hear your ideas on ways of growing it further.
We want to invite you to our first exploratory meeting of like-minded folks who may be interested in living in Hickory Nut Forest and helping us in realizing this common vision.
If you are not yet ready to own a home site or build a solar home, we are considering other options including house and small cottage rentals and shared co-housing.
When you join Hickory Nut Forest Eco-Community, you are becoming a member of something much greater. You are part of:
• an adjacent 200-acre nature preserve including cliffs, streams and waterfalls with over five miles of hiking trails,
• an organic, community garden with vineyard and over 100 fruit trees,
• the Laughing Waters Retreat Site and Community Center – a gathering place for a wide variety of public events, programs and classes, and
• a more sustainable way of life that creates more balance in the world.
In the next few years, we aspire to becoming a completely self-sufficient and sustainable community by:
1. achieving a net-zero energy efficiency using solar, hydro, wind and wood,
2. enlarging the community garden and food production,
3. increasing the number of people living full time in Hickory Nut Forest,
4. expanding the Laughing Waters programs and offerings.
Please contact us if you have any questions or want more information about living in Hickory Nut Forest. We will be hosting a Design Charrette on June 25th from 9-1 to talk about what you would like most about living in a green, sustainable community. Please contact us at HickoryNutForest@gmail.com for more informatino.
We look forward to talking more soon.
John Myers, Jane Lawson, and
everyone at Hickory Nut Forest Eco-Community
A green community, a sustainable community, a growing community near Asheville, NC